At the ONF 2020 Spotlight Series, '5G Connected Edge Cloud for Industry 4.0 Transformation', Ishwar Parulkar, Chief Technologist, Telco, Amazon Web Services (AWS) gave a keynote presentation on 'How AWS Edge is Powering Industry 4.0'.
He talked about how AWS Edge is powering the 4th Industrial Revolution by building the connected edge cloud. His talks covers:
- Edge Developer Expectations
- AWS Vision of Edge
- Edge Infrastructure
- AWS Enabled Private Networks
- Services for the Connected Edge
The video of the talk is embedded below and the slides are available here.
Back in January, AWS also released a nice whitepaper on 'Next-Generation Mobile Private Networks Powered by AWS'.
This whitepaper introduces the relevant use cases, solutions, and best practices for designing and deploying mobile private networks powered by AWS. Cloud-enabled mobile private networks allow enterprises, governments, and professional organizations to autonomously deploy their own geo-dispersed, secure mobile private networks. These networks cover private facilities while meeting their performance, reliability, availability, security, and scalability requirements.
It's available to download here.
- The 3G4G Blog - Webinar: Where Edge Meets Cloud by Dean Bubley
- The 3G4G Blog: 5G Private and Non-Public Network (NPN)
- The 3G4G Blog: What is Industrial IoT (IIoT) and how is it different from IoT?
- The 3G4G Blog: 5G and Industry 4.0
- 3G4G: What is Industrial IoT (IIoT)?
- 3G4G: Industry 4.0, IIoT, IoT & 5G
- The 3G4G Blog: Can Augmented & Mixed Reality be the Killer App 5G needs?
- The 3G4G Blog: What is Cloud Native and How is it Transforming the Networks?
- Telecoms Infrastructure Blog: Edge Computing and the Future of Small Cell Networks
- Free 6G Training - 6G in the sky: On-demand intelligence at the edge of 3D networks